Monday 29 July 2013

Scouting For Girls musings

   It has been recently bought to my attention (thanks to Emma Rand on Twitter) that Scouting For Girls are about to release a 'Greatest Hits' compilation. Aside from playing it very fast and very loose with the word 'greatest', surely a band has to have more than about 3 hit singles before they can release such a compilation? Literally, I can name three of their songs off the top of my head, and all of them sound exactly alike. I'd go as far as to say that as soon as most people play this CD, they will think its broken because every song will sound the fucking same.

"Its not about yoooooou, its me"
"She's so lovely, she's so lover-ly"
"This ain't a love song, this is goodbye"

All interchangeable songs, from a band so bland and happy-go-lucky they make Keane sound like Slayer, plus they've only been around for 5 years. This would be like if there was a box set of Jaden Smith films, or if the Royal Baby wrote an autobiography.

Apparently its being advertised as "the soundtrack to the summer". Why do seasons need soundtracks? Vivaldi pretty much covered all the bases, nobody else needs to bother. Plus, you never hear "the anthems for your autumn", or the "compilation for this cold snap" - no, its only in the summer we need to have a musical accompaniment at all times. Well, Christmas too I suppose.

Anyway, I don't know enough about Scouting For Girls to keep ranting about them. All I know is they'd go up 36 times in my estimation if they were called Hunting For Bitches.

I guess I got, I guess I got, I guess I got nuthin' to saaaaaa-aaaaaayyyy.
Joe Ward
@wardylovesit

No comments:

Post a Comment