Tuesday 5 November 2013

Random Ass Wrestler #12

Okay, so I had a busy few days and didn't review as many crappy horror movies as I would have liked, but I think just because Halloween is over doesn't mean I can't carry on skewering these bad films, so I promise a few more are on the way soon. I also once again crashed out last night without doing one of these, so here's a special case - a random wrestler that portrayed a few different gimmicks during his career.

Here is a recent picture of the legend that is Barry Darsow.


If you don't recognise the name or the face, here are a few of the characters he played between the early 80s - late 90s.

Krusher Kruschev, an evil Russian:


In the WWF, he was first known as Smash, one half of the legendary tag team Demolition:


After they split, he went on to become The Repo Man, a bad guy who stole things ranging from cars to hats:


Then he left WWF to join WCW. His first gimmick there was as Blacktop Bully, who as far as I could tell was an angry truck driver:


He was fired from WCW for a while, after he bladed (caused himself to bleed) which went against the WCW policy at the time. He did this during a King of the Road match, in which he had a fight against Dustin Rhodes, better known as Goldust, on the back of a moving flatbed truck. It was one of the worst matches ever. Then he was rehired not too long after, and adopted the gimmick of "Mr Hole In One" - a golf enthusiast:


What a mixed bag there. I think he still occasionally wrestles as Demolition Smash, his most popular and enduring gimmick, despite being about 60 years old now. Personally I had a soft spot for the Repo Man, just  because it was so fucking ridiculous, but Darsow made his antics entertaining all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment